What Is It:
ETAS™ (Enzyme-treated asparagus extract) is an enzyme-processed asparagus stem extract that may reduce stress and improve sleep.
Historic and Ancient Usage:
Used as both a vegetable and medicine for thousands of years, asparagus appears throughout Greek texts and even is depicted in an ancient Egyptian painting dating back as far as 3000 BC.
How It Works:
During stress, our bodies produce special molecules that help us cope. These molecules protect and chaperone vital active proteins critical to our ability to adapt and survive. They also repair damaged cells, calm inflammatory molecules and serve as antioxidants. Our special asparagus extract (ETAS™) naturally increases the production of these protective molecules and may stimulate these chaperone proteins by nearly 30 percent.
Why It Matters:
Our ETAS™ ingredient reduces the disruption of our circadian rhythm cycle and our sleep-wake patterns are better modulated.
- Dairy free
- Soy free
- Egg free
- Made without Gluten
- Self-affirmed GRAS
Science Proves It:
Human studies show that ETAS™ has a balancing effect on sleep, optimizing sleep time. Whether individuals felt they slept too long or couldn’t get enough sleep, taking ETAS™ reduced the required amount sleep time needed to feel rested. More specifically, double-blind, placebo-controlled research has shown, ETAS™ effectively**:
- Increases the quality of sleep.
- Alleviates occasional stress by improving heart-rate variability.
- Raises cognitive performance, reduces fatigue, and improves the stress response.
- Reduces the production of stress hormones, including cortisol — the body’s “get up and go” signal.
- Reduces feelings of tiredness in daily living.
- Aids in improvement of the dysphoric condition (e.g. feelings of unhappiness).