The Benefits of Curry Tea Leaf
When we set out to create a supplement to re-sync circadian rhythms and help the world sleep better, we were adamant on finding the right natural ingredients for each solution. Every ingredient we chose and every formulation we developed was because of scientific research conducted on how our internal clocks function. The benefits of curry tree leaf for sleep were too great for us not to include it in our proprietary blend of ingredients.
We have six main ingredients that make up our patent-pending Circadian Timing Blend found in each of our products: ETAS™ (Enzyme-treated asparagus extract), Curry Tree Leaf extract, Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones, including Nobiletin and Tangeretin, Zembrin®, Ashwagandha extract and Black Turmeric extract.
Each ingredient plays a unique and vital role in helping our bodies get back into sync. We highlight each of our ingredients on our website but today we’re digging a little deeper into the benefits of Curry Tree Leaf.
Curry Tree Leaf as a food
Curry tree leaves have been used in Asian, Indian and Thailand cuisine since 4th century AD.
Similar to using bay leaf, the leaves can be chewed, eaten or put in stews and other dishes. Do not confuse curry tree leaf to curry powder or the ingredients that make up curry powder. Even the flavor is not the same as curry powder, curry tree leaf has a citrus flavor of half orange - half lemon. Curry tree leaf has an aromatic citrus like smell. The leaves can be eaten raw, incorporated into the main dishes, added to or made into a drink, or used for medicinal purposes, as a paste or tonic.
Curry Tree Leaf as a supplement
Used in Ayurvedic medicine curry tree leaf is packed full of vitamins. Here are some of the benefits of using curry tree leaf:
- A great source of fiber, calcium, Vitamins A, B C, E & B2.
- Iron. When prevent iron deficiency (anaemia) which if not taken care of could lead to anemia.
- Skin. Apply paste to skin that can help promote the healing of mild wounds, first degree burns, rashes, inflammation, and boils, oily skin, and acne. Can be used on burns and wounds and itchy skin relief.
- Hair. Strengthens hair shaft to treat hair loss and premature gray hair. When mixed into a paste can help with dandruff.
- Eye sight. Vitamin A is important for healthy eyes, without it there is a greater chance of night blindness and in extreme cases loss of sight.
- Lower blood sugar. Curry tree leaf can help fight diabetes, by lowering blood sugar levels and keeping sugar levels in check long after consumption. Research shows that glucose levels are impacted by our circadian rhythm, and these special compounds help to modulate blood sugar levels.
- Weight loss. Helps to reduce body fat and shed some pounds.
- Digestion. Curry tree leaves is used for digestive disorders, promote good digestion and help with nausea.
- Healthy heart.Lowers cholesterol to help protect our body against heart disease, by increasing our HDL levels (good cholesterol) while decreasing the bad cholesterol (LDLs).
- Sharpens memory.
- Relieves stress. Applying the essential oils onto your pillow at bedtime can promote a more restful sleep and happier morning.
- Research is being done to find the benefits for the fight against cancer and Alzheimer.
The Most Important Benefits of Curry Tree Leaf - Sleep!
Curry tree leaf is one of nature’s most abundant sources of a class of natural compounds that are key regulators of the circadian clock. The leaves have been reported to possess the same pharmacological activities as stimulants, tonics, and carminative agents to treat influenza, fever, bronchial asthma and animal bites. Ancient Ayurvedic medicine has used for its medicinal properties to help with digestion, absorption of vitamins and to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression. Curry tree leaf is a major factor in our patent pending circadian timing blend to help regulate our sleep so that we wake up feeling positively refreshed and rested.
Fun facts about Curry Tree Leaf:
- Scientific name: Murraya koenigii
- Also known as Sweet Neem leaves &Kadi patta
- Has a citrus like smell.
- Flavor is similar to half orange - half lemon.
- Can be used as a deodorant.
- Ayurveda’s named the tree Girinimba or Krishnanimba named after Lord Krishna, the God of ultimate protection.
For more information about the benefits of Curry Tree Leaf and its usage in RestoreZ visit our ingredients page.